The plugin itself is great and I'm going to use it in every project that involves uploading files, but I found some odd behavior in this plugin.
The core of the problem is the "fileDataName" setting, which has default value of "Filedata", which isn't debugging/coder friendly at all.
I spent some time wondering why my upload isn't working, until I noticed that what was wrong.
There is really simple solution for this, just edit jquery.uploadify.vXXX.js a little bit.
Look at line 42 (ish) for the following code
fileDataName : 'Filedata', // The name of the file collection object in the backend upload script
Replace it with:
fileDataName : jQuery(this).attr('name'), // The name of the file collection object in the backend upload script
Now the default value is automatically the input value of your file input.
I almost forgot, this plugin seems to change the mimetype of every file to application/octet-stream instead of what they are. I think this is caused by the flash uploader. If you know a fix to this, please leave a comment :)
Edit: It seems that this is default behavior for flash.